Home » NewsSources

DOH reports 3,257 new Covid-19 cases, recoveries at 208,790

19 September 2020 No CommentEmail This Post Email This Post

MANILA, Sept 19 (Mabuhay) — The Department of Health (DOH) on Friday reported 3,257 new cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), bringing the country’s total to 279,526 since the pandemic began.

In its daily Covid-19 bulletin, the DOH said the new infections bring the country’s active Covid-19 cases to 65,906.

Of the new cases, it said the National Capital Region (NCR) had the most at 997, followed by Bulacan at 282, Cavite at 179, Negros Occidental at 152, and Cebu at 127.

Of the active cases, it said the majority exhibit mild symptoms or 87.5 percent, followed by asymptomatic at 8.8 percent, those in critical condition at 2.6 percent, and those with severe symptoms at 1.1 percent.

It also reported 733 new recoveries, bringing the country’s total to 208,790; with 47 new deaths to bring the total casualties against Covid-19 at 4,830.

About half of all beds reserved for Covid-19 cases nationwide are occupied, while 26 percent of the country’s 2,200 ventilators are in use.

To date, it said the country has 1,900 beds at intensive care units with 50 percent occupancy, 13,800 isolation beds at 45 percent occupancy, and 5,700 ward beds at 46 percent occupancy.

In NCR, beds are nearing critical levels at about 61.33 percent occupancy, while 38 percent of its 864 ventilators are in use.

In Region 7 (Central Visayas), roughly 31 percent of all beds for Covid-19 are occupied, while 27 percent of the region’s 171 ventilators are in use.

In Region 4A (Calabarzon), Covid-19 beds are also nearing critical levels at about 59 percent occupancy, while 22 percent of its 273 ventilators are in use.

Meanwhile, 25 more Filipinos abroad on Friday have tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), bringing the total tally to 10,385, according to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).

The DFA also announced that total recoveries rose to 6,593 after 15 more patients recovered from the illness while the death toll remained at 777.

“The two previously reported recoveries in a country in the Middle East were removed from the list upon verification with Post,” the DFA said.

At present, there are 3,015 patients still undergoing treatment.

Based on data from the DFA, there are a total of 1,353 confirmed cases in the Asia and the Pacific region. Of this, 327 are patients undergoing treatment, 1,018 have recovered, and eight have died.

In the Middle East or Africa, there are 7,052 cases with 2,326 patients undergoing treatment. A total of 4,230 patients in the region have recovered and 496 have succumbed to the illness.

Europe has, meanwhile, reported 1,173 cases with 195 patients undergoing treatment. The region has reported 883 recoveries and 95 fatalities.

Meanwhile, a total of 807 cases were reported in the Americas. Of the number, 167 patients are still undergoing treatment while 462 have recovered and 178 have died. (MNS)

ALSO READ: P2.5-B budget for COVID-19 vaccine only an initial outlay — Roque

Visit Source

Leave your response!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.

It's simple. ASK | Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape | We might say yes!
All rights reserved. 2008 | tataypepes.com | Concept by Jasmin Descalzo

Powered by WordPress | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Arthemia theme by Michael Jubel