Top 10 Reasons Why There Couldn’t Be a Filipino-American US President
Filipinos are certainly getting into mainstream America and into the world. With an estimated 4 million Filipino-American population (as of 2007), we are an emerging group in a diverse society that is the United States. Filipino talents like Manny Pacquiao, Charice Pempengco, Arnel Pineda, Lea Salonga, and Monique Lhuiller are doing a great job pitching in!
In the “supposed” recent David Letterman show, Mr. David Letterman himself, apparently used Filipino-Americans in one of his skits. Here’s the recap:
By David Letterman
10. The White House is not big enough
for in-laws and extended relatives.
9. There are not enough parking spaces
at the White House for 2 Honda Civics,
2 Toyota Land Cruisers, 3 Toyota
Corollas, a Mercedes Benz, a BMW , and
an MPV (My Pinoy Van).
8. Dignitaries generally are
intimidated by eating with their
fingers at State dinners.
7. There are too many dining rooms in
the White House – where will they put
the picture of the Last Supper?
6. The White House walls are not big
enough to hold a pair of giant wooden
spoon and fork.
3. No budget allocation to purchase a
Karaoke music-machine for every room in the White House.
2. State dinners do not allow “Take
AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY THERE
COULDN’T BE A FILIPINO-AMERICAN U.S.
1. Air Force One does not allow
overweight Balikbayan boxes!