Today's Best Deals
Coupons

NewsSources »

Aquino to new AFP officers: Resist corruption
[No Comment | 16 views]
(BUSAN, South Korea) President Benigno S. Aquino III participates in the 25th ASEAN-Republic of Korea Commemorative Summit Session 1 at the Convention Hall 205 of the Busan Exhibition and Convention Center (BEXCO) on Friday (December 12, 2014). The session agenda is to review of the ASEAN-ROK cooperation and its future direction. With Summit theme: “Building Trust, Bringing Happiness,” reflecting ROK’s commitment to strengthen its relationship with ASEAN through trust, which should result in happiness for the citizens of ASEAN and the ROK. (MNS photo)

(BUSAN, South Korea) President Benigno S. Aquino III participates in the 25th ASEAN-Republic of Korea Commemorative Summit Session 1 at the Convention Hall 205 of the Busan Exhibition and Convention Center (BEXCO) on Friday (December 12, 2014). The session agenda is to review of the ASEAN-ROK cooperation and its future direction. With Summit theme: “Building Trust, Bringing Happiness,” reflecting ROK’s commitment to strengthen its relationship with ASEAN through trust, which should result in happiness for the citizens of ASEAN and the ROK. (MNS photo)

MANILA  (Mabuhay) – President Benigno Aquino III on Monday enjoined new officers of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) to resist corruption.

During the graduation rites of the AFP Officer Candidate Courses, Aquino said military officials should muster strength to clean their ranks.

Ibang klaseng tapang at dangal din ang hihilingin sa inyo sa pagharap sa tuksong maaaring makaengkuwentro habang nagsisilbi sa bayan,” Aquino, the military’s commander in chief, said in his speech.

May mga magtutulak ng sobreng hitik sa salapi, kapalit ng pirma. May mga magtatangkang padaliin ang buhay ninyo, kapalit ang prinsipyo,” he added.

Aquino, who won in 2010 on an anti-corruption platform, also told AFP officials that his administration’s drive against corrupt officials are already bearing fruit.

He said his presidency has succeeded in bringing back the people’s trust in government.

“Alam kong gagawin ninyo ang tama, dahil tiwala akong nakikita ninyo ang magandang bunga sa pagtahak natin sa tuwid na daan,” Aquino said. (MNS)

Visit Source

NewsSources »

Pacquiao says Mayweather has ‘nowhere to run’
[No Comment | 14 views]
Manny Pacquiao connects with the right against Chris Algieri during their World Boxing Organization (WBO) 12-round welterweight title fight at the Venetian Macau.  (MNS photo)

Manny Pacquiao connects with the right against Chris Algieri during their World Boxing Organization (WBO) 12-round welterweight title fight at the Venetian Macau. (MNS photo)

General Santos, Philippines | AFP |  – Philippine boxing legend Manny Pacquiao vowed to chase Floyd Mayweather into ring submission after his US rival offered to fight him next year in a blockbuster world title face-off.

“He (Mayweather) has reached a dead end. He has nowhere to run but to fight me,” Pacquiao told AFP late Saturday, hours after the undefeated Mayweather issued the May 2 challenge on US television.

The two were long-time rivals as the “best pound-for-pound” boxers of their generation, but the dream fight has never materialized to the disappointment of the boxing world.

“I will try my best to (make) this a thrilling and entertaining fight. But I doubt if he’s gonna engage me in a slugfest,” said the Filipino, winner of an unprecedented eight world titles in different weight classes.

“You all know his fighting style. Most of his previous fights, if not all, induced us to sleep,” said Pacquiao from his southern Philippines home city of General Santos.

Should the fight happen, Pacquiao, who turns 36 on Wednesday, said he will do to Mayweather what he did to another previously undefeated American, Chris Algieri, who lost to the World Boxing Organization welterweight champion in Macau last month.

“I know what I have to do. I will chase him wherever he goes just in case he decides to run around the ring. We will devise a good fight plan against him,” Pacquiao added.

Speaking to Showtime Sports in the US on Friday night, Mayweather, 37, said he wants his next fight to be against the Filipino star.

However, the American nicknamed “Money” said – without giving details – that the expected richest fight in boxing history will only happen if he receives a much bigger share of the purse than his opponent.

In 2012 there was speculation that a fight between the two could lead to the first $200 million purse in boxing history with much of that money coming from pay-per-view sales.

At one point Pacquiao says Mayweather offered him a $40 million purse on the condition Mayweather would keep the pay-per-view money, which would have amounted to more than double what Pacquiao received.

Previous talks were also scuttled because Mayweather says Pacquiao refused to submit to random blood testing.

“Mayweather can get the amount he wants. As early as January this year, I challenged him to a charity fight. Until now, he has not agreed to it. So, money is not the issue in our fight,” Pacquiao said Saturday.

“This fight is about legacy, this is about making the fans happy and, above all, this is for the good of boxing.”

Visit Source

NewsSources »

Heart Evangelista clears issue with GMA-7
[No Comment | 16 views]
Heart Evangelista (MNS Photo)

Heart Evangelista (MNS Photo)

HEART Evangelista denied rumors that she has ill feelings toward her mother network, GMA-7, over the coverage of her upcoming wedding to Senator Francis “Chiz” Escudero.

Evangelista clarified that she never gave an interview over her supposed ill feeling towards the network on its coverage of the Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes wedding on December 30.

The actress said that she was asked numerous questions during a blog conference of the program. However, she said, what has been circulating online or in tabloids are not her words.

Unang-una sa lahat, gusto ko ring linawin na wala pong tinanong sa akin na ganung kuwestiyon at hinding-hindi po iyon ang isinagot ko. Hindi ko po masasagot yun dahil malaki ang utang na loob ko sa GMA,” she said.

The actress added, “Marami silang naitulong sa akin simula nang lumipat ako dito and they’ve been very good to me.”

The TV host then gave a link where viewers could watch the full video of the interview.

Yung sagot ko dun, actually, gusto ko sabihin na puwede nilang panoorin sa YouTube. Ang ita-type nila is Heart Evangelista #StarTalk19 [Part1]. Nandun po lahat ng mga tanong at sagot ko.”

Evangelista thanked a certain Greg Pontejos for uploading the video.

Maraming-maraming salamat dahil ikaw ang nagbigay ng linaw sa lahat ng ito kasi importante sa akin yun. People may say a lot of things about you but, at the end of the day, yung katotohanan ang importante. “At nang dahil sa iyo lumabas yun, so maraming salamat po,” she said.

Evangelista and Escudero will wed on February 15 at the exclusive Balesin Island Club in Quezon and will hold a similar ceremony in Manila the following day. (MNS)

Visit Source

NewsSources »

DepEd reminds schools of no collection policy for Christmas party
[No Comment | 18 views]
(BUSAN, South Korea) President Benigno S. Aquino III and Korean President Park Geun-Hye arrive for the Leaders Group Photo during the 25th ASEAN-Republic of Korea Commemorative Summit 2014 at the Convention Hall of the Busan Exhibition and Convention Center (BEXCO) on Friday (December 12, 2014). With theme: “Building Trust, Bringing Happiness,” reflecting ROK’s commitment to strengthen its relationship with ASEAN through trust, which should result in happiness for the citizens of ASEAN and the ROK. The Summit covers the review of the ASEAN-ROK cooperation and its future direction, and the cooperation on non-traditional security issues with emphasis on climate change and disaster risk management. (MNS photo)

(BUSAN, South Korea) President Benigno S. Aquino III and Korean President Park Geun-Hye arrive for the Leaders Group Photo during the 25th ASEAN-Republic of Korea Commemorative Summit 2014 at the Convention Hall of the Busan Exhibition and Convention Center (BEXCO) on Friday (December 12, 2014). With theme: “Building Trust, Bringing Happiness,” reflecting ROK’s commitment to strengthen its relationship with ASEAN through trust, which should result in happiness for the citizens of ASEAN and the ROK. The Summit covers the review of the ASEAN-ROK cooperation and its future direction, and the cooperation on non-traditional security issues with emphasis on climate change and disaster risk management. (MNS photo)

MANILA (Mabuhay) – No collections for Christmas parties.

This was the stern reminder to public schools from the Department of Education, which also exhorted them to keep such parties simple.

“The payment of such contributions shall not be made a requirement. Non-payment of voluntary school contributions shall not be made as a basis for non-admission, non-promotion, or non-issuance of clearance to a student – including the withholding of school cards,” DepEd Secretary Armin Luistro said.

He stressed any contribution in public schools should be voluntary.

Luistro also pointed out that while Parents-Teachers Associations may collect financial contributions for the benefit of the students, the fees should be voluntary and agreed upon in a general assembly.

Still, he urged PTAs to minimize the amount of contributions for ceremonies and extra-curricular activities.

More importantly, he urged all schools to keep celebrations such as Christmas parties simple yet meaningful. (MNS)

Visit Source

NewsSources »

Aquino indecisive on Purisima controversies – Alunan
[No Comment | 13 views]
(BUSAN, South Korea) President Benigno S. Aquino joins other leaders of ASEAN Member States (AMS) for the Leaders Group Photo during the 25th ASEAN-Republic of Korea Commemorative Summit 2014 at the Convention Hall of the Busan Exhibition and Convention Center (BEXCO) on Friday (December 12, 2014). With theme: “Building Trust, Bringing Happiness,” reflecting ROK’s commitment to strengthen its relationship with ASEAN through trust, which should result in happiness for the citizens of ASEAN and the ROK. The Summit covers the review of the ASEAN-ROK cooperation and its future direction, and the cooperation on non-traditional security issues with emphasis on climate change and disaster risk management. Also in photo are Republic of the Union of Myanmar President U Thein Sein, Korean President Park Geun-Hye and Republic of Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. (MNS Photo)

(BUSAN, South Korea) President Benigno S. Aquino joins other leaders of ASEAN Member States (AMS) for the Leaders Group Photo during the 25th ASEAN-Republic of Korea Commemorative Summit 2014 at the Convention Hall of the Busan Exhibition and Convention Center (BEXCO) on Friday (December 12, 2014). With theme: “Building Trust, Bringing Happiness,” reflecting ROK’s commitment to strengthen its relationship with ASEAN through trust, which should result in happiness for the citizens of ASEAN and the ROK. The Summit covers the review of the ASEAN-ROK cooperation and its future direction, and the cooperation on non-traditional security issues with emphasis on climate change and disaster risk management. Also in photo are Republic of the Union of Myanmar President U Thein Sein, Korean President Park Geun-Hye and Republic of Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. (MNS Photo)

MANILA (Mabuhay) – A former Interior and Local Government Secretary on Monday said President Aquino acted indecisively on the controversies surrounding Philippine National Police chief Alan Purisima.

Ex-DILG chief Rafael Alunan said the President’s half-hearted action on Purisima instilled doubt on his leadership.

Purisima is facing a six-month suspension for approving the allegedly anomalous Werfast deal.

“Actually, I was quite perplexed. He was not decisive. There was waffling. It was obvious to the public. Things like this should not be allowed because it gives room for doubt about the President’s leadership, his values, etc and that impacts on the daang matuwid campaign,” he said.

“In matters like this, I think it is important for the President to take decisive action,” he added.

Alunan said the President should replace Purisima “just to stabilize the institution so that it can continue its normal activities without a Damocles sword or cloud of doubt over their heads.”

He said that during his time as DILG chief, there was also housecleaning inside the PNP that led to the early retirement of 63 police generals and colonels.

He said the housecleaning allowed “young blood” to go up the ranks of the PNP.

“The story that we agreed was they would give up their posts for the institution they loved to allow younger blood to come in,” he said.

Alunan gave some advice for Purisima who is now suspended for six months.

“Don’t burden the President. Don’t burden your secretary of interior and local government or your people in PNP. Get yourself offline and work through the system to sort out the problem but don’t stand in the way because it gives a bad example,” he said.

He said the honorable route for Purisima is to relinquish his post so that he can work on clearing his name.

“If I am cleared then hopefully I can be reinstalled. That is the honorable way to do it,” he said.

The Office of the Ombudsman earlier ordered the preventive suspension of Purisima and other top police officials in connection with the administrative complaint involving the courier service contract between the PNP and Werfast documentary agency in 2011. (MNS)

Visit Source

NewsSources »

Will we see a new Ford GT in 2015?
[No Comment | 23 views]
The Ford GT pictured with its illustrious predecessors. ©Ford Motor Company

The Ford GT pictured with its illustrious predecessors. ©Ford Motor Company

Reports are growing that 2015 could see the resurrection of an automotive legend and Ford’s return to the supercar market.

After an absence of nearly 10 years, Ford is planning a new GT. And, according to Road and Track magazine, it could make its debut as early as next month at the Detroit Auto Show.

The last GT, which ceased production in 2006, was a modern interpretation of the iconic GT40, with modern Ferrari-beating levels of performance to boot.

When it was launched, demand outstripped supply but by the time Ford caught up – cars had been changing hands on the second-hand market for $100,000s above the list price – US vehicle regulations changed and the economy stumbled; meaning that the car only stayed in production for two years and Ford cancelled plans to extend its supercar offering with Daytona and Cobra-inspired models that had passed the concept car stage.

The car that inspired the GT, the Ford GT40 was built in the 1960s to challenge Ferrari’s dominance at Le Mans; and in doing so wrote itself into the history books. In 1966 the car came first, second and third in the 24-hour race and also went on to win the race in 1967, 68 and 69 too.

In 2016 it will be 50 years since Ford managed this incredible coup and the new GT is expected to mark the anniversary, alongside a new track-focused version of the car that is tipped to compete in the endurance event in France.

In terms of what to expect from the new GT, it will have to match the same nemesis, Ferrari, if it is to ring true to its iconic badge. So a mid-engine layout and hopefully a turbocharged or supercharged V8 making things happen. As for styling, the company is most likely to go with an evolution of the last GT rather than get revolutionary – the same approach is why the new Mustang is such a hit.

However, let’s hope that one thing is improved significantly on the new car – its fuel tank capacity. Even when driven extremely carefully, the GT could only travel 75 miles before it needed refuelling.

Visit Source

NewsSources »

How Matteo, Sarah will spend Christmas
[No Comment | 17 views]
Sarah Geronimo and Matteo Guidicelli  (MNS Photo)

Sarah Geronimo and Matteo Guidicelli (MNS Photo)

Christmas is just around the corner and it will be a very special one for celebrity couple Matteo Guidicelli and Sarah Geronimo as this will be their first holidays together since they admitted their relationship last June.

Guidicelli said he definitely plans to give something special for his girlfriend.

Tingnan natin kung ano ang mangyayari. Wala pang plano. Kaka-career-in ko yung gift [for Sarah] siyempre. Pero wala pa, research-research pa. Hindi ko pa alam,” he said.

Guidicelli also reported that their relationship is going smoothly and is getting stronger. In fact, he shared that Geronimo’s and his parents have already met.

Guidicelli said he is delighted that his parents like Geronimo the most among his past girlfriends.

They know each other na. Masaya naman, okay naman lahat. Siyempre boto naman. Mabait na tao siya, she’s a very nice person. My parents know best what’s good for me, ‘di ba? Okay naman lahat, masaya. Hindi ko alam kung bakit sa kanya boto, tatanungin ko sina Mama at Papa mamaya,” he said.

Asked how it went when Geronimo first met his parents, Guidicelli said: “Okay naman, she’s confident naman, she’s a confident woman. So, naging maayos naman ang lahat.”

Meanwhile, the actor seemed evasive when prodded about his relationship with Geronimo’s parents. It was previously reported that Geronimo’s mother became stricter when Guidicelli and the singer-actress entered into a relationship.

Okay naman lahat. I don’t wanna say too much about my relationship dahil siyempre may mga bagay na gusto kong i-private pa. One day, malalaman ninyo. …Huwag na nating pag-usapan ‘yun. Wala na ‘yun, basta, better to say nothing, ‘di ba?” he said.

Contrary to reports, Guidicelli clarified that he and Geronimo are still able to go out on dates just by themselves.

Siyempre girlfriend ko ‘yan, solo ko ‘yan, ‘di ba? There are ways naman. If you love something or somebody, you will do everything it takes to protect and take good care of it,” he said. (MNS)

Visit Source

It's simple. ASK | Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape | We might say yes!
All rights reserved. 2008 | tataypepes.com | Concept by Jasmin Descalzo

Powered by WordPress | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Arthemia theme by Michael Jubel